The first date is a unique day chosen by intending couples to meet at a particular location. It is usually the first time they are meeting physically, so they will definitely be in need of questions to ask on first date to keep the conversation going.
On a first date, you want to have more insight about the person, – knowing more about his/her background, family, origin, culture, and more. Well, the truth is, you cannot know all about an individual on a first date, but you will surely have lots of insight about their kind of person, and also be able to figure out to some extent the kind of person you will be dealing with going forward.
But to do this, you will need to ask the right questions. Lots of people make the mistake of wasting hours asking the wrong question and forgetting to find out the most important things about their date. This is why I have curated these important questions you can ask on your first date to keep your conversion going.
So, let’s go through these questions and I hope you find them interesting as I do.
Questions to ask on first date to keep the conversation going
1. In a new relationship, what is one thing you are dying to try?
2. What do you normally do when you’re feeling shy and insecure?
3. Is there a food you don’t eat?
4. What really makes you unique?
5. What TV series do you find yourself returning to and re-watching?
6. Do you have a best friend? How did you meet him/her?
7. What city did you grow up in?
8. What do you eat to make you feel better?
9. What qualities do you want in a partner?
10. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
11. What are you obsessing about these days?
12. What is one activity that you would like to do on a date?
13. What do you think were you like as a kid?
14. What do you usually like to do in your free time?
15. How many kids do you want in the future?
16. Do you prefer the indoors or the outdoors, or do you like both equally?
17. Who are the people in your life who have a special place in your heart?
18. Did you participate in any sports as a child?
19. What was your favourite family vacation when you were a kid?
20. How do you spend a typical day?
21. Do you have any male friends, and if so, what interests do you have in common with them?
22. How long have been living in this city?
23. What types of music do you enjoy listening to?
24. How many doughnuts can you stuff into your mouth at the same time?
25. What alcohol has a smell that reminds you of the night you almost died?
26. Which animal do you think is the biggest party animal?
27. How much longer are you going to sit in pain rather than get up and get a remote that’s out of reach?
28. How much do you enjoy fried chicken?
29. What abilities do you possess that will help you in surviving a zombie apocalypse?
30. Could you survive without your phone for the rest of your life
31. Where did you think you’d be today five years ago?
32. What have you done in the last year that has forced you to step outside of your comfort zone?
33. When was the last time you completed a task on your to-do list?
34. How much do you wish you could simply set yourself on fire each day?
35. What is the weirdest place you’ve ever been?
36. What is something you’re currently saving up for?
37. What is your most important goal right now?
38. Can you describe a personal indulgence for which you would never apologize?
39. What are your top five favourite topics to talk about?
40. What are the most exciting adventures you’ve ever had?
All of these beautiful questions are collated to assist you on your first date. I hope you do enjoy your date.