If you are looking to try speed dating, you might be as intimated as much as you are excited and thrilled. Your first thoughts would be what questions to ask so you can effectively get to know your potential partner and make yourself attractive and composed during the event. This guide has the most effective and fun questions for every aspect of your speed dating event.
What is a Speed Dating Event?
A speed dating event is a fun way to match-make a lot of singles by bringing them together in a short event. During the event, you can talk with a large number of people attending within 3 to 5 minutes, and you can even talk to everyone, if possible, before the end of the event.
However, in such events, time is of the essence, so people usually ask a number of questions to ascertain if the person is a match for them or not. After chatting with a person, you are required to put a yes or no mark on a given card to indicate your interest, and at the end of the event, the organizers will collate the answers and set up your dates.
This event can be beneficial for singles, and it is also really fun since you get to meet so many people and find out a thing or two about them.
What Should you Talk About During Speed Dating
Anything; yes, anything you like; there is no manual or guide for chatting during speed dating events since you are all just trying to know each other a little bit.
You can discuss family, hobbies, work, personality, travel, and other interests. Also, you might want to ask if the other person has speed-dated before so you can carefully select your questions in order not to appear boring to them. Whereas if they are new, you can attempt to give them a fantastic experience.
Interesting Questions for Speed Dating
A speed dating event is all fun and exciting, but there might be times when things become a little stiff and boring. Moments like this require some interesting questions that can make way for more scope to discover each other. They can be intellectual questions, likes, dislikes, habits, etc.; keep reading if you want to know some of these questions.
- What do you do on weekends and on a typical Sunday?
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
- What would people be very surprised to learn about you?
- What are some of the best books you have read?
- Would you prefer luxurious travel or backpacking?
- If you didn’t need money, what would you be working on?
- What would you change if you could travel to the past?
- What do you do to unwind and de-stress?
- What meal can you prepare in 30 minutes?
- Are you a thinker or a doer?
- Which season is your favorite?
- If money did not exist, what would you buy?
- How much social interaction is too much for you?
- Do you love adventures?
- What would you do instead; go without your phone or the internet for a week?
- What makes you feel overwhelmed?
- Would you ever go skydiving?
- Do you prefer routine, or are you more go with the flow?
- What’s the best thing you ever had for breakfast?
- Do you work out?
Childhood Questions for Speed Dating
An excellent way to learn about your dates’ background, upbringing, education, aspirations, beliefs, family, and so on is by asking childhood questions.
You can learn about the things and events that have molded them into who they have become, and you will be able to understand so many things about them, including their personality and preferences. This way, you can also easily connect with your date; here are some excellent childhood questions you can ask on speed dating.
- What game did you play almost everyday as a child?
- What is the fondest memory you have with your family?
- What scared you the most when you were little?
- What embarrassing story about your childhood do your parents or family always tell again and again?
- What was your dream house when you were little?
- What was your dream job as a child?
- Which childhood birthday did you have the most fun?
- What is your happiest memory from school?
- Who is closest to you in your family?
- Do you have a childhood nickname?
- Where did you grow up?
- What was your neighborhood like as a child?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- Mom or Dad, who did you like most?
- What fun things did you wish you were old enough to do?
- What was your favorite snack?
- Which cartoons did you watch over and over again?
- As a child, did you have a lot of friends?
- Are you still friends with your best friend?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever wanted?
Fun Questions for Speed Dating
Speed dating is meant to be fun and engaging, so you need a mix of fun questions to keep your partners excited and happy. Yes, there are many serious and important questions you should be asking. Still, sometimes, it might get boring too quickly, and you start to experience a diminished interest in conversations, so here are some fun questions to spice things up during speed dating.
- What superpower would you like to have?
- Do you get scared watching scary movies?
- Which movie character do you resemble?
- When was the last time you laughed really hard?
- Whiskey or beer?
- Who do you want to be trapped in a hotel with?
- Which animated character is your favorite?
- Do you know how to make animal sounds?
- What suspicion do you have in life but have no proof?
- What’s the weirdest experience you’ve ever had?
- What is an expensive yet silly thing you own?
- What illegal thing do you want to do in life?
- What would you do if you got stuck with me on an island?
- What pickup line do you use most often?
- What is the first thing you’d buy if you won the lottery?
- What is your crazy fantasy on a date?
- Have you ever been kicked out of any place?
- What is the dumbest question you were asked?
- What’s the strangest food you’ve tried?
- Have you ever called anyone when drunk? How did it go?
Flirty Questions for Speed Dating
A date would not be complete without showing a little bit of your flirty side and letting your partner into a world of fantasies and excitement. However, while being flirty during speed dating may be easy and natural for some people, it is not exactly so for others.
These questions would help you flirt with your partner moderately, but you still have to ensure it is done at the right time and knows when to stop so you don’t overdo things; who knows, maybe you would have a date planned out from this section.
- What romantic thing would you want me to do for you?
- Which do you prefer; a back rub or a foot rub?
- What is your most incredible feature?
- Do you find yourself more drawn to brains or looks?
- What emoji do you love to use when you’re flirting?
- Would you like to go on a day date or a night date?
- What are your top five turn-ons?
- Where do you want to have our first date?
- What would you do, if you could spend a day or two with me?
- What’s the sexiest thing you would want me to do for you?
- What’s your idea of a perfect date?
- Are you aware of how amazing you are?
- What is my best feature?
- In one word, what was your first kiss like?.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you have any passions? What do you love to do?
- Which gift can instantly make you fall in love with someone?
- Is sexual compatibility important to you?
- What made you smile today?
- Do you like staying in or going out?
Speed Dating Questions you Should Avoid
Everyone has their preferences and perspectives, and on speed dating, there are certain things that may be impolite and offensive to some people; even though some other people might think it’s okay. So it would be best if you were careful of the do and dont’s of speed dating and specific topics like the ones listed below. If you must discuss them, make sure you stop when the other party is uncomfortable.
- Home address.
- Past relationships.
- Medical conditions.
Read also: 10 glaring signs of a toxic relationship
Speed dating is an event many people are excited about, and over the years, it has helped a lot of single people find love and a potential life partner. So when attending such an event, you must go prepared because you will not be the only one vying for a partner, and it might quickly turn out to be very competitive.
Speed dating questions are meant to be mixed from interesting to childhood, fun, flirty, and so on, and you must ensure that there is no dull moment with you. The questions in this guide will go a long way in helping you attract your dream partner and give them the most amazing first impression.