Many people who wish to find love are familiar with dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge but do not know how to activate Facebook dating. Some are not even aware that Facebook now offers its own dating services in the Facebook mobile app.
So, if you are single and looking to find a partner, in this guide, you will learn how to activate Facebook dating and also find out if you are eligible. While the feature is seamless, free and has a modest user base, it is not for everyone; there are some criteria you must meet before you can enjoy the Facebook dating feature.
In addition, Facebook dating is a healthy alternative for most dating apps because it leverages your existing Facebook audience and helps you easily connect with people who share similar interests and activities with you. Keep reading to learn all about it.
Who can use Facebook Dating?
Facebook dating is available in many countries for people with active Facebook accounts. However, you must be 18 years or older, live in a country where Facebook dating is allowed and have a Facebook account that is at least 30 days old. If you are restricted from Facebook dating, it means you do not meet the criteria or have gone against the community standards, terms of service and other policies.
Here are countries where Facebook dating is available:
- Czech Republic.
- The Netherlands.
- The Philippines.
- United States.
- United Kingdom.
See also: Can a Woman Cheat and Still Be in Love?
How to Activate Facebook Dating
Facebook dating is available in the Facebook mobile app for IOS and Android, so you can’t access it through your web browser; follow these steps to learn how to activate Facebook dating.
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your phone.
- Click the three-line menu.
- Go to the ”Shortcut” section and look for ”Dating”. If you don’t see it, scroll down and click ”See more.”
- Click on ”Dating.”
- Tap ”Get started.”
- Follow the instructions and make your selections to create your Facebook dating profile. Facebook imports many details from your Facebook profile, so you should specify what you want to be part of your new dating profile.
- To edit or change an item, simply click the pencil; to delete an item, click on ”X.”
- Complete your profile setup manually; add pictures and details of yourself.
- Finally, click ”Confirm” to publish your Facebook dating profile.
How to Use Facebook Dating
If you have used any dating app before or if you have been using Facebook for a while, then this dating feature should be easy to use and navigate. After you complete your dating profile, you can access it in the ”Shortcut” section through the three-line menu on Facebook, the same way you created the profile.
Here is how to use the Facebook dating feature:
At the top of the page, you will find four icons: the ”Profile” button, the ”Liked You” button, the ”Matches” button and then the ”Gear” icon at the top-right corner.
- Profile – You can tap the profile button to customize your profile, add introductory text, add hobbies and interests, add or remove photos, and tweet your stats.
- Liked You – This button allows you to see the users who liked your profile, and you can also like or dismiss them. If you like their profile, you are a match.
- Matches – Users who like each other usually appear at the top of this page, so you can click the photo of any user here to start a conversation. Active conversations also appear at the lower end of this page.
- Gear – This button allows you to customize your criteria for an ideal match; you can specify age, location, gender, language, height and more.
At the centre of this page, you will find a photo of your possible match; you can click the heart icon to like the photo or click X to dislike it. If you also want more information about the user, you can click the photo to visit their profile. In addition, just like other dating apps, you can swipe left to dislike or right to like the photos in this suggestion.
If you have been hearing about Facebook dating and you don’t know how to activate and use it, it is as simple as it is in this guide. Therefore, if you are searching for love but haven’t found the right platform for your search, you can try Facebook dating, and maybe you will find that amazing person you have always desired.
This platform is straightforward to use and very accessible, and the best part is that it is free for all eligible users; it doesn’t have a premium package. So have fun dating on Facebook, and remember to read and follow all guidelines so your Facebook dating profile can remain active.